Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ninfo Period 5

In reference to "Humans Need Not Apply" video, how can these realities impact the way you think about your future?

32 comments:

  1. This video made me think that in the future i want to find a job that they will probably keep humans working rather than robots, or i want to look for a job that i know will take them a little longer to find a way to replace the human workers so I can stay employed longer. This video made me think that although these robots may be able to work better than humans and with little to no errors unlike humans it definitely will not be the same. How will humans make money if they keep designing robots to take all the jobs. There will be no source of income for us. Also humans can connect personally to humans in a way that robots cant. We have emotions robots simply do not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good that you want to find a job that cannot be replaced by robots. I share the same concern for how humans will maintain a source of income. I think that robots will not take over all our jobs. I feel that it will take longer for robots to take over our jobs and we should not have to worry about this too much. I feel that we should be more concerned about the generations after us.

      Delete
    2. I had the same idea about my future career plans. I feel that students and individuals who do not have a job at the moment should think about career choices that hopefully will always be in demand of humans.

      Delete
  2. The fact that the robots might be taking over my job is frightening. Although for my future job I would most likely be working in a third world country. In third world countries there is not a lot of technology and I would not have to worry about a robot taking over my job. I would work for the United Nations. I want to be a translator. So the only change would be that I would have technology to help me translate. If I do not get to work at the U.N. because my job is taken over by a robot, I would either move to a third world country, or I would be in the Peace Corps. It is doubtful that my job would be taken over by a computer while I am alive. If it is taken over by a computer I have numerous other job options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What other job options do you have that couldn't be taken over by a robot of some sort?

      Delete
    2. I think that if I move to a third world country I can find a way to boost their economy and help them to improve their way of life. There are many other companies and organizations that help third world countries that I could work for.

      Delete
  3. The video "Humans Need Not Apply" was very thought-provoking and it changed my view on future careers. By the time my class graduates college, the work field will have different demands for different fields; the economy will probably be engineering based because of the need for expanding technology. If I, or any of my friends, plan on being successful later in life, we would have to plan accordingly by trying to predict a future that is filled with advancing technology. This video definitely made me view my future more logically and seriously, especially since this pertains to my generation and any other generations soon to come. With robots becoming an increasing obstacle for people who want to keep or obtain jobs, people will have to act accordingly in order to win over their jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very true that with more robots and technology there will be more engineering jobs and the generations to come needs to keep that in mind for their plans. However I think it's very sad to know that the dreams of people to have other careers will be ruined and that you won't be able to have as many choices anymore.

      Delete
  4. The realities in the video we watched impacts the way i think about my future because it makes me wonder if i still want the job would like to ave. It makes me think this way because i want to be an interior designer and maybe in the future there will be robots or other man made machines that take over that job. So as a result, i will would have no job. Because of that, now i may want to consider having a job that will be more needed in the future like an engineer or doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you are saying. The career that i want could potentially not be there when i get out of college and as a result i would not have a job either and i would have to consider a new career

      Delete
  5. In the video, it was talking about how robots will soon take over most jobs that humans do now. Almost like they were saying that humans will be worthless in jobs areas. In my option, I think this is completely unfair. I understand that robots might be able to do certain jobs better and faster but whats wrong with humans doing it? Saying this is also saying humans will be here with only very little jobs to choose from. The unemployment rate is already pretty high now and will keep increasing in the next few years. Kids around my age will have no jobs when they get to be adults. They won't have any money to pay for food, bills, a house, a family and so much more. All the money in the world will be used on creating new robots for jobs and not humans. I think the future is going to horrible. There's no point in people having families if they don't have the money to care for them. There's no point in humans really if robots can just do everything. I don't know how the future is going be like exactly, but I think there's almost no point in a future for anyone. There's no point going to college because you can't get a job afterwards. No point in going to high school to get ready for college if there's no career afterwards. No point in anything if there's no future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the cases stated in this video are true about the future, I believe that everyone may have to rethink their personal future goals. Technology is growing rapidly through the years and is making life a whole lot easier for individuals; however with a positive, there is always a negative. Technology is taking many job opportunities away from people and is causing many individuals to be left without a job to make income and to support a family. This impacts the way I think about the future because I may need to readjust my goals and future career plans. Assuming that they "robots" they described in the video are coming rapidly, I will need to make sure that the career path I want to take will not be affected as quickly. It also makes me realize that I need to open up my eyes more and take advantage of learning about technology since it is becoming an every day part of our lives. I feel that everyone needs to be aware of this phenomenon and prepare their futures to the best of their ability. Nobody would want to start a job they enjoy only to have it being taken over by robots five years later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jj, I agree with your entry strongly because we need to look at careers that won't be affected by these rapidly growing robots. I really liked your final sentence as well. Great job:)

      Delete
    2. I wholly agree with the points that you made. Personal goals probably won't be top priority in the job market, strategic planning will lead to success. People who design these robots, the robots that can supposedly take over the world, have to be more careful when they are being constructed as well just in case. Other people should definitely become aware of these changes so that they have their best shot as well.

      Delete
  7. These realities can impact the way we think about our future because the video was mostly telling about how technology is taking over certain jobs. If you were thinking that you really would love to go into the medical field to become a general doctor and diagnosis people and you watched this video then you might have to re think your decision. You might have to re think your decision because it was telling us how technology is taking over general doctor's jobs and the need for them will become less and less as time goes on. If this is happening right now and you are a sophomore in high school you have 3 more years of high school, the 4 years of pre-med school, then 4 years of medical school for a grand total of 11 years until you are an official general doctor. In 11 years, a lot can change and there may be no need for doctors anymore. Also, I'm sure many of us have at one point considered the engineering path in careers. To some engineering seems boring, complicated, and not for them but with technology on the raise and the demand for more people to create software and robots to take the places of other jobs you might need to take a few steps back. Engineering is a career that people are going to recommend highly for our generation. In the next 5-10 years we are going to be fighting for these jobs to create software and technology to program robots. It is probably a good idea to get a head start on your other peers and decide on your career path now so you can get the job that we all will be fighting for. Overall, these realities can really alter the way we are thinking about our futures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely with what you are saying. While robots may take over certain jobs in the future, there will always be a need for people to create the robots that do these jobs.

      Delete
  8. I don't think robots taking jobs will change my future much because I want to be an obstetrician. In my mind a robot that could be as gentile as a human to bring a new life into the world is more years away than I will be on this earth. This job also requires the knowledge to react to the different changes, in a matter of seconds, that can happen during a birth. I don't believe a robot could manage this because it would only be programmed to do what humans know and a human could make a judgement on the unknown whereas the types robots i know of could not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a really good point but it still will be hard to find a actual job because many people might want to be an obstetrician after realizing a robot could not do this job.

      Delete
    2. That is true, but they also said in the video that some robots are starting to teach themselves. Maybe they could teach themselves to adapt to these changes too.

      Delete
  9. The video can reflect on how the reality of robots can impact on my future. Robots have been taking over jobs for centuries which mean people are loosing jobs and becoming unemployed. When I'm older I would like to become a teacher and robots could soon enough take over that job. It affects my chose in careers because I have to keep in mind robots could work in this field. Robots are becoming more advanced and smarter than people. Also I think about what job robots can't take over. Many people could loose jobs in the future due to robots. It's very concerning too many teenagers knowing their career field could disappear to humans and turn into a robot's job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your right because everything in school is technology. Soon enough all students will be taught by technology only.

      Delete
  10. The realities of this video can impact the way I think about my future in many ways. For example, one impact it might make is what job/career path I am going to go for down the road. As it said in the video, robots can help in the agriculture industry by making food many times faster than humans can. Hearing this, the agriculture industry would probably not be the best choice of a career to head towards, since the robots are already doing a better job than humans ever could! A better choice of a career path might be something that robots are not yet used for. Also, a good choice might be to go into the programming field, so that you are the one making the robots do the work. The robots you create might be taking jobs away from others, but they won't be taking the jobs away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no escaping the possibility that robots in the future could have a major impact on our lives and that is is inevitably going to take over a major portion of the work force. It is amazing all the tasks robots can complete, there seems to be a a very large wide spread of things that it can do. For example writing poems, being a doctors, and driving a car. It makes me second guess what decisions I should be making for my profession choice, and it seems that no matter what you pick you are eventually going to be taken over by robots. The video made it seem as if there was no point for human existence but even after robots take over industries like transportation. Other jobs are going to open up. Someone is going to be have to creating all these different types of robots and someone is going to have to be there to fix them. Although robots are inevitable there is still going to be a need for humans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When watching this video, my thoughts did not change drastically about the way I think about my future, but I did feel concern for others in the future who are not interested in STEM related fields. Before watching this video, I wanted to go into some field of engineering that would allow me to design new inventions. This video allowed me to realize how important these types of jobs are. Without people who design new technology or improve upon already existing creations, we would have never had some of the things that we find crucial to our daily lives today. This video also made me realize some of the job fields that are declining because of the incline of the field that I was just talking about. Factories are now using robots to assembly cars and other things instead of people. Robots can now program computers and do the work of lawyers and other business people. While the decline of these types of jobs do not affect what I want to do in the future, I realize that other people who are interested in these fields will be in trouble in the future. Not only will people who are interested in these fields be in trouble, but people who do not get higher educations will also be in trouble due to the fact that many STEM related works involve degrees. Some people are just not interested in school or do not think they can get through college or grad school. Now, there are many opportunities for these people to still get jobs without graduating, but in the future, these jobs could be done by robots. Overall, I think that in the future, the STEM field will only incline and the majority of stable jobs will be in that field as technology keeps advancing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think these realities impact the way I think about my future a little. The people in the video are basically saying in our future the robots are going to take over a big percentage of the humans jobs and make us unemployed. Also they are calling humans stupid. I don't think that the robots are going to take over a huge portion of the humans jobs but some of the easier jobs that the robots could do easily. I think this because the robots don't have the capability or technique that the humans have. We can move around more and way quicker than them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The video we watched had a negative impact on the way I think about my future career. The video basically stated that robots will take over many of the jobs that humans handle at the moment. This makes me fearful because I now a have a more narrow range of career options for when I'm older, my ideal job may not have need for humans anymore, and there is a chance that I'll be out of work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This video was very thought-provoking because of the statements they made and their reasoning for it. This video was made to make the watcher think about their future but more specifically their future with technology. In the video it shows the evolution of how technology advancements change and have changed society and how things are done. It is mentioned that robots are being used in factories all of the time, but new technology is going to make it so that there isn't a need for our manual labor. Another example is that there are cars that don't actually need a driver and then there might not need to be people to drive trucks in years to come. Some of the other jobs mentioned that might not be there is kind of crazy to think about. This video is all for robots taking over so many jobs that people do now. The most concerning thing for me is that some jobs interests I have might not be a job in the years to come if this video's predictions are right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. After watching the "Humans Need Not Apply" video, I feel as if it could possibly affect student's motivation to move on in their education, since this huge obstacle is in the way of their desired career. In that perspective, it seems like advanced technology like working robots could leave more people unemployed, and result in someone's effort in a career, like lawyers, be a waste. Also, this reality could change how much students try in school, whether it being high school, or college, and leaving them to be no where anyway without no back ups for other careers. There's a possibility that the already bad economy could turn worse, though that's the risk of new inventions.
    Though, in a optimistic perspective, unlike mine, this could possibly create a huge amount of new jobs that may pay more, such as care takers and repairmen of the robots. This could also result in people to expand more, and making work more healthier and safe, without the dangers of labor work and stress. Could even reference to other inventions, always having a positive income, such as telephone, still having negative effects. Even so, robots that work better than humans would greatly impact society and economy, whether or not it's good or bad. In the end, it just depends on the mindset of the person, deciding how much it will impact them about this reality.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This video made you think. It made you realize what this world is coming to and what will be the future. This video isn't a joke, this will actually be our future. Which is cool, I guess, but also very scary. To think that robots will be able to do the jobs only humans knew how to do is... surreal. The future will be amazing, but so terrifying to think about how many people will lose their jobs, or have to change their career choice because of the new technology. This video made you see just what we have to look forward to, a new world.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that the video we watched will impact my future because when i'm older i want to open a cupcake shop and if robots are doing most jobs then a cupcakes shop will probably not exist. I will have to rethink my future plan and probably do something related to technology or engineering. The video we watch has definitely impacted the way i think about my future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is quite frightening that there is the possibility of a robot able to replace any human in the workforce. Even though technology is very helpful in many ways, I think that there will be many problems with more and more people becoming unemployed. With the rise of these technological advancements, people will lose purpose and drive. Even specialists, such as doctors and lawyers, being replaced will ruin the dreams of many young people. Everyone will have to rethink their career and eventually everyone will be stuck in the same work line because robots are able to do all the other jobs. Competition for the certain jobs only humans still do will be very high. Overall, the video has made the future seem even more scary and unpredictable than it already is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. After short video "Humans Need Not Apply" it got me thinking about my future job. I am aspiring to be a veterinarian but i am not sure how long we may need human veterinarians. In the short film we saw a robot doctor that was very good at its job. The doctor robot was quickly able to diagnose people, if it can do it to people it could do it to animals as well. Also with the advances in technology we are limiting our skills, talents, and abilities. Robots now have the skills to compose beautiful, make master pieces, drive cars. I feel as though with all these advancements we will lose some sense of purpose.

    ReplyDelete